I have a problem, I’ll admit it. I have O.D.D. Obsessive Dishwasher Disorder. It drives beautiful wife mad, but I truly believe it is leading to a better society. Okay, well maybe not a better society, but at least cleaner dishes. In an effort to make the world a cleaner place I shall share the seven commandments of dishwasher loading:
- Thou shalt not put any cup, bowl, or otherwise small-ish item on the bottom rack until the top rack is completely full.
- All cups, bowls, and anything else that holds water shall not be facing upwards.
- All of thy plastic items shall be placed on thy top rack.
- Thy plates shall all face the same direction, small plates in front, large plates in back.
- Cutting boards and cookie sheets shall grace the outer edges of thy bottom rack.
- Though shalt not put the good skillet in the dishwasher.
- Utensils shall be placed any way you would like in the holder, except thy knives, they shall be placed sharp point down as to avoid flesh wounds.
Now if only someone would empty it for me…
Pic ‘O the day: